14 Jan The Maya Angelou Interview
Kathleen Slattery-Moschkau interviews the great Maya Angelou. Maya was an American poet, author, singer, actor, memoirist and civil rights activist. She is the author of I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings and so many other stunning works.
Comments from Kathleen:
This interview evokes so many mixed emotions for me. I can’t listen to it without getting choked up because Maya is so raw and personal and touching and human. But her words here also light the hottest fire in me to live and work in the most outrageously creative, bold and authentic way. Maya Angelou paved the way for each of us. Listen to what she says here…let it soak into your skin and become part of how you move through the world. Please share this interview with others and subscribe to the podcast. We are re-releasing the content of The Kathleen Show because thousands of personal testimonials have poured in from listeners worldwide stating how much the information has impacted their lives.
Maya talks about:
- Her writing process.
- Unflinching honesty in the creative process. How she goes to places that few are willing.
- Using your crappy childhood.
- Her book Letter to My Daughter.
- “Human beings are more alike than we are unalike.”
- The role of faith in her life.
- Her feelings about and relationship with Oprah Winfrey.
- Her best piece of advice after living such a long and full and courageous life.
Resources mentioned in the show:
More from Kathleen Slattery-Moschkau:
- KATHLEEN’S BIO
- THE STUDIO Kathleen’s yoga and meditation center in Madison, Wisconsin. It has been called “The most breathtaking yoga studio in the country.” Take a peek at our website/galleries and come visit us!
- VIDEO: LEARN THE FUNDAMENTALS OF YOGA with Kathleen Slattery-Moschkau
- CONTACT KATHLEEN
- THE KATHLEEN SHOW ON FACEBOOK